Acupuncture for fertility issues
Our acupuncturist, John, has over a decade of experience in helping optimise couple’s fertility using acupuncture in our Naas clinic.
Trying for a baby can be quite upsetting if conception and pregnancy aren’t going as planned. John has helped countless couples start their families. He not only focuses on the physical issues, but also the emotional weight of infertility and recurrent miscarriage.
John has experienced first-hand the ups and downs of trying for a baby and coping with miscarriage, as well as the joys of parenthood.
These experiences have led him to specialise in fertility acupuncture. He has spent over five years training in both the traditional and modern approaches to fertility acupuncture, having completed comprehensive fertility courses at the innovative and renowned Shanghai Acupuncture College, and post graduate courses with The Acupuncture Foundation.
What fertility issues can acupuncture treat?
John has been treating clients with acupuncture for over ten years in his clinic in Naas, Co. Kildare. Over this time he has helped many couples with:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Unexplained infertility
- IVF support
- Low egg reserve (boosting egg quality)
- Male fertility issues (low sperm count, morphology, or modality issues)
How can acupuncture treat fertility Issues?
Acupuncture assists fertility in a number of ways:
- Improving Blood Flow: By regulating blood circulation in the reproductive organs, sperm quality in men and egg quality in women is increased. Also, in women the lining of the uterus is improved.
- Regulating Hormones: A balancing effect on the hormones is created by stimulating or calming the activity of the glands which produce sex hormones, such as the pituitiry, ovaries and testicles.
- Reducing Stress: When we feel stressed, our body releases hormones which mute our reproductive organs. By reducing stress, we allow the reproductive organs to work at their best.
- Promoting Ovulation: Improving blood flow and regulating hormones creates a stronger luteinising hormone (LH) surge, meaning ovulation is more decisive.
You can learn more about the general benefits of acupuncture by clicking here.
Our client’s success stories:
Acupuncture treatment (45 mins) €70
Offering acupuncture in our clinic in Naas, Co. Kildare, and seeing clients from Sallins, Newbridge, Clane, Blessington and Kildare town.