Acupuncture is one of the leading methods to help quit smoking. This is because of it’s ability to help control cravings, while easing the withdrawal symptoms, such as irritability, anxiety, frustration and poor concentration. It also aids in relaxation and detoxification.
For a quit smoking acupuncture treatment, sterile, hair-fine needles are painlessly inserted into specific points on the body. The treatment is very relaxing, and needles are left in the body for up to 30 minutes.
To help strengthen the effect of the acupuncture, small pellets are taped to the ear. These pellets are pressed when a craving comes on, which counteracts the craving by calming the mind. Many patients feel that these “ear seeds” are a huge help in dealing not only with cravings, but also with day to day stress and anxiety.
Typically, 3 acupuncture treatments are needed to help quit smoking. If you are ready to quit smoking and want to see how acupuncture can help to take control of your habits, then please call us today!
A few tips to help you quit smoking:
- Take regular exercise. This helps to reduce stress far better than cigarettes.
- A dip in blood sugar levels or an increase in blood acidity will aggravate withdrawal symptoms. To manage this, avoid junk food, sugar and coffee.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables to and clear the blood of nicotinic acid and balance blood sugar levels.
- Carrots, celery, leafy greens and citrus fruits increase the bodies alkalinity, which decreases cravings.
- Green Tea keeps tissues full of elements which reduce nicotine cravings.
- Keep yourself hydrated, as dryness causes cravings. Sip water throughout the day.
Acupuncture treatment (1 hour) €60
including consultation & ear seeds